Supplier Quality Engineer
A Fortune 500 Manufacturer, of large equipment, seeking a Quality Engineer for their Kansas facility. This is a vertically integrated manufacturing facility; environment includes metal forming, welding, forging, stamping, painting and heavy parts assembly, both electrical and mechanical. Company offers excellent benefits and career opportunities.
Qualifications required, but are not limited to:
- Minimum four year degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing engineering, advanced knowledge of Metallurgy is a plus.
- Minimum of three years' experience required in quality management.
- Experience within a foundry manufacturing environment needed as well.
- Must have proven experience within Casting and Forging processes and equipment.
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbally and in written form.
- Must be a team player and leader working with many different departments as well as with suppliers.
- Must have proven experience with quality control & problem solving techniques for casting and forging components.
- Must also have knowledge of key failure modes for castings and forging processes, problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Must have a thorough understanding of a variety of casting processes including hot and cold form as well as heat treat processes.
- Must be able to identify and implement improvements within a casting and forging environment.
- Must be familiar with tooling design and be able to recommend design modifications or equipment repair
- Must have proven experience working with customers, suppliers and leading supply chain quality improvement efforts
- Experience with international customers and/or exposure is a plus.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- The Supplier Quality Engineer will qualify suppliers as well as approve and monitor their maintenance.
- Responsibilities include leading supplier audits of both quality systems and technical processes.
- Perform technical reviews at the part level to help assess the supplier's capability to make part.
- Responsibilities also include defining PPAP requirements for all new and revised purchased parts.
- Also manage the on time completion of all PPAPs.
- Part development (NPI) is also part of the job duties.
- The SQE will drive APQP to meet project time-line and PPAP requirements.
- Monitor and improve supplier quality performance.
- Also focus on problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to avoid repeat failures.
- Resolve day to day issues associated with supplier problems.
- Work with supplier on warranty reduction.
- Up to 50% travel is required for this position.
Location: Wichita, KS area
Degree: BS Engineering or equivalent technical degree
Date: Jul 19, 2018Email Reminder