Director of Quality and Continuous Improvement
Leading supplier in the construction industry is seeking a Director of Quality and Continuous Improvement to oversee two manufacturing facilities. This position reports directly to the facility President and requires residence in the south eastern part of Texas.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Must have a minimum of 10 years experience in quality, process engineering, and lean continuous improvement leadership with at least five years management level with multiple site experience within quality and lean oversight, electro-mechanical fab and assembly experience a plus.
- Must have a four year engineering or technical undergraduate degree, or BS in applied science.
- Must have proven experience with at least four years low volume, high complexity (one off) fabrication, strong Continuous Improvement and Value Stream background, both manufacturing and transactual.
- Experience with ISO 9000 preferred.
- Must have statistical process engineering and analytical experience as well as gauge and instrumentation plus engineering drawings experience
- Must have exhibit proven experience with lean and continuous improvement practices within manufacturing, operational flow, kaizen facilitation, visual management, workplace organization, SMED, 5S, and KPI management, plus cost reduction, manpower, and talent planning
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and develop Quality initiatives and lead Continuous Improvement within a large multi-plant facility.
- Oversee PPAP part inspection, prioritizing with supply chain, engineering, and key suppliers.
- Manage multiple plant oversight with strong collaboration skills, bilingual experience a plus
- Should have manufacturing experiences with strong executive presence, change agent mentality, structured, able to mentor and develop existing long-term talent.
- CQE, CQM, and - or Black Belt in Lean or Six Sigma preferred
- Measurables are Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, insure accountability regarding metrics establishment (KPI mentality). Use stretch goals; educate accountability with the process to reach. CTQ development and accountability.
- This is a functional Quality and Lean leadership role able to impact results and culture change, goal oriented, ambitious, results oriented.
Location: Southeast TX
Degree: Engineering or Quality Engineeirng
Date: Jan 25, 2018Email Reminder