- BSME degree highly preferred - others include industrial, manufacturing, and metallurgy related, plus up to five - seven years production management experience in heavy metal equipment manufacturing, welding and lean practices
- Critical roles developing a manufacturing engineering department for a 225-employee multiple shift operation.
- Reports directly to the Director of Manufacturing
- This is a machinery manufacturer with both standard and Engineered to Order heavy fabrication.
- Requires strong delegating and people skills, leading examples of lean and process improvement as well as highly knowledgeable in various Tig, Mig, welding application - hands on and semi-automated orbital welding.
- Levels of Welding Code knowledge including carbon steel, flux core, Mig and stick welding: flux core arc, shielded arc, some gas metal arc (Mig) and gas tungsten arc (Tig)
- Requires technical experience, lean / process improvement practices, capital equipment recommendations for best process improvement - standardization experience vs. Engineer to Order experience
- ERP systems (Oracle a plus) experience
- Plant is ASME Code for pressure vessel manufacturing, X-Ray / Sealed
Location: Chattanooga, TN area
Degree: BS Engineering
Date: May 28, 2021Email Reminder