Plant Manager needed for a progressive manufacturing Company specializing in large, sheet metal components. Key responsibilities are directing, managing and coordinating the manufacturing activities of semi-custom sheet metal, welding, and fastener fabrication and assembly operation - act as the manufacturing point of contact as the Plant Manager in an engineered to order environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directing production schedules, engineering, and line supervision. Must be able to input throughput improvements and lead time reductions, and inspection, prioritizing production schedules, ensuring safety and quality, and general supervision.
- Manage appraisals, interviewing, discipline, and reward and recognition for high morale and best production practices suited for manufacturing.
- This person will be responsible for optimum machine and people utilizations, space requirements and workflow as well as designs for layout of equipment utilization and ensure efficient production methods and limited downtime.
- This person will recommend methods for improving plant efficiency and reducing waste as well as assisting in reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment.
Qualifications required, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering field or similar, and experience in managing/leading manufacturing operations - five years or greater.
- Must have experience with lean conversion to drive Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost improvements - preferably metal fabrication and sheet metal parts production and assembly.
- Must have extensive lean leadership and hands on management - overall management skills to handle up to 100 associates across shifts.
- Must have a proven ability to lead TPM, standard work, and cost reduction initiatives.
- Must have strong standard work implementation skills along with strong communication skills, problem solving skills, and leadership skills, and proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Candidate must be a proven implementer of lean and continuous improvement processes and be able to administer and lead them proficiently with high employee involvement.
- Prefer someone who has worked with an organization that is committed to high quality initiatives with proven skills in maintaining process flow and quality initiatives as well as 5S and standardized operating practices.
- This person must be able to respond to common inquiries from employees as well as work in a leadership role as a direct report to the General Manager.
- Responsibilities require ability to improve production efficiencies - meeting customer demand, equipment upkeep, maintaining production standards, and line efficiencies.
Location: Grand Rapids area
Degree: BS/BA Engineering, Business or Technical
Date: Mar 14, 2018Email Reminder